Monday, February 16, 2009

Pretty Woman

Like my pal Jackattack, I too have an obsession with a Steel Magnolias star. No, not Shirley MacLaine, I mean the wonderful Julia Roberts.

I think my love for Julia started sometime around 1997 when I fell in love with My Best Friend's Wedding. I've since seen 26 of the 43 movies/shows she's appeared in (as an actress) so far. The one's I've missed include Charlotte's Web, Ant Bully and some of her early stuff, but it is my life goal to see everything she's ever been in.

When I'm feeling down, I just put on a J-Rob movie (except Steel Magnolias). There's just something about her smile and her laugh that makes me feel better. There are several moments in Pretty Woman and My Best Friend's Wedding when all she does is walk on screen in something stunning and I lose it. While I could go on and on about these moments, the winner is definitely the black dress in Pretty Woman.

I love how she pronounces things. I love her on screen chemistry with Richard Gere. I loved her speech when she won the Oscar for Erin Brockovich. She is the only thing from the south that I love.

I will end with one of my favorite quotes of all time:
"I'm too tall to be a girl, I never had enough dresses to be a lady, I wouldn't call myself a woman. I'd say I'm somewhere between a chick and a broad."--Julia Roberts

That is all.

Caseface

2 comments:

  1. I love J-Rob too! you should definitely see Mystic Pizza, it was her first movie and she was awesome! btw did you ever go to the extras on my best friend's wedding dvd? it has the bloopers of when she falls off the pedestal which always makes me laugh when i'm feelin down! i agree with everything you said...i too have an obsession :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen and own Mystic Pizza as well as My Best Friend's Wedding. I love both. I've seen all her mainstream stuff, now I just have to watch the weird stuff.

    ReplyDelete